1. You can come to work every day knowing that you are making a real and meaningful difference in your community. Helping people with and without disabilities in Wayne and surrounding counties is our core mission, and we believe that is a mission you can be part of too, no matter what department you join!
2. We offer excellent benefits. With great 403b retirement options, paid holidays and time off, tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as agency-paid life insurance, our benefits package is something we are proud to offer our staff.
3. We hire people of all backgrounds and skill levels. Because we oversee more than two dozen programs, we have many job options from business and accounting to transportation and residential to criminal justice and technology. Not all jobs require a college degree, and our programs span across 8 counties. Contact us to find out about options that may be right for you!
4. You have the opportunity to form meaningful, life-long connections with the people we support. The individuals we serve at Wayne ARC are some of the nicest, most positive people in Wayne County, and you are able to do what they love with them! For example, direct support professionals go to concerts, ball games, and restaurants; day habilitation coordinators paint and play music; and job coaches travel to local businesses to help individuals find off-site employment at places such as Parker's Grill and Tap House, del Lago Resort and Casino, and Crosman.
5. We are always evolving! At Wayne ARC, we always want to improve what we are doing to better support the individuals we serve. Our new street of shops, Erie Shore Landing, is our latest proof of that. We also want our employees to be able to grow with us. As new jobs are created or open up, we always encourage employees to apply within the agency to move up the ladder to the job they want.
Apply today! We would love to have you join our team.
Jessica Blondell, our Community Relations Specialist, writes all of our blog posts to keep everyone who supports The Arc Wayne up-to-date with what the agency is doing in the community. Enjoy!